The Ivy Lee Method
- At the end of each work day, write down the six most important things you need to accomplish tomorrow.
Do not write down more than six tasks.
- Prioritize those six items in order of their true importance.
- When you arrive tomorrow, concentrate only on the first task.
Work until the first task is finished before moving on to the second task.
- Approach the rest of your list in the same fashion.
At the end of the day, move any unfinished items to a new list of six tasks for the following day.
- Repeat this process every working day.
Other notes for productivity
< back to index